Thursday, December 16, 2004

A Phantasmagoria

circa 18-08-04

As I drove to work this morning I had to think of what I want to write, how shall I write it and to whom shall I write. I wanted to write about what I thought and how I thought it and I realized that I felt like a myriad of sentiments and feelings, a multitude of thoughts taking form and as bubbles disappearing. I see the connection with many a thing, with many a peson.

What does it mean? Surreal? From the French ‘surréalisme’ Sur meaning above Realisme Meaning realism which goes back to latin from reality

From www.Dictionary.com :

Surreal
adj 1: characterized by fantastic imagery and incongruous juxtapositions; "a great concourse of phantasmagoric shadows"--J.C.Powys; "the incongruous imagery in surreal art and literature" [syn: phantasmagoric, phantasmagorical, surrealistic] 2: resembling a dream; "night invested the lake with a dreamlike quality"; "as irrational and surreal as a dream" [syn: dreamlike]


I like to think of it differently, I tend to feel it is not so far beyond reality more like a state of being just hovering above reality; it’s the reality that makes you think twice, you know when you look at something that seems regular yet deceives you because it is so much more than irregular.

Something closer to trompe l’oeil yet tips over its edge….

Yes, that’s what I want to write about and feel and see. Within this poetry of people called life.


No comments:

Post a Comment