Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Last Night

Last Night

I died last night
And no one was there to bury me
To cover my wounds with earth and
Blood that seeps through my eyelids

I died last night
And no one was there to hear my screams
That choked me and came out
In silent circles of mist

I died last night
And no one was there to kill me
Pierce my wounds and
Save my soul as it left me

I died last night
And woke this morning
With a hollow sound in my chest
Of an absent heart and soul

As I died last night


Hold me no more

I felt it tingling
Inside of me as it left my body
My soul seeped slowly through my skin…
It lifted, rose and shuddered one last sigh,
I stood
On my balcony, high
Bare feet on cold aluminum
Balancing cautiously
Nightdress in hand
I rock
To
Ease
The
Pain
And think of my mom & dad
-They don’t deserve this –
Carefully
To perfect the dip
Floral cotton billowing
And one deep breath
For a final descent
To the ultimate pain
That will obliterate all
And,
Dive!
It seems like such a long pause as things rush
And then
Descent into slow motion
The air smells different
More sweet
And I feel light,
Not on my feet
I glide……
My swan dance,
A final pirouette
Silence




Rock & Roll

I have no control
Over my body
Anymore
I rock and roll
Back and forth
Like a fast moving
Pendulum

No comments:

Post a Comment