Sunday, May 16, 2004

As was the custom, every Friday night we'd go to the movies. This Friday differed in that we watched an Arabic Movie called “Hob El Banaat”; ‘Girls’ Love’.
It was about three estranged sisters whose father’s will caused them to be flung into a household together after a long period of separation. They each develop a relationship (an affair of the heart) that at that point may or may not have been the right one. One of the protagonists seemed to fall for a movie star in the movie; he confesses his true love to her but senses that it may not be truly reciprocated.

Why am I saying this? Well at a point he tells her – that she is not truly in love with him, because a person in love does not harmfully criticize the one he’s/she’s in love with, on the contrary he does not see that the other has any faults. There for me the movie paused, in my mind, my soul and my aching heart. True? I felt it as true as someone punching the air out of you. My eyes stung and NOT because we had a sandstorm today…. Yes, they only stung without the release to cleanse my soul… It’s as though there wasn’t a clear cellular network and suddenly the reception was crystalline!

No comments:

Post a Comment