Monday, May 17, 2004

A few nights ago, as I was leaving behind a podium and applause of a recital, I met a few people who joined our table. They were of the media industry, she was a presenter; eloquent, he owns a channel (serene) and her husband I can't remember (agitated).

He came by the next day to work and called me to invite me to lunch with a common acquaintance. I'd had a big breakfast and so an hour later I joined them for coffee. He was more animated today and showed a keen interest in what I was saying. I was speaking about many a thing whether social, political or religious, all about Iraq. Then he hit me with it... "Why don't you do a weekly program at the station, your own 50 minute program?" Unexpected? No, I've had offers before. So I let it by. He called me twice that evening wanting to speak about two ideas for a show and which would I like.... He came to meet me again for the same... Now I am wondering. My dad thinks I should go for it and so does my friend...

I do want to yet I wonder if I want to be a T.V. face. Do I really want that exposure; I then catch myself thinking as a T.V. persona. I stop myself lest it get to my head…t a

What’s good is that I feel professionally wanted…

I think of my current role and the changes I am about to go through and my insides feel as if they were thrown into something akin to a tumble dryer…

As if I should need a more intense sensation of intestines entangled, I get another job offer…

I thank all who have this faith in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment