Tuesday, May 31, 2005

No I’m not thinkin’ of you

a poem by my friend "Local G" (Amal Al Mutawa)

I see the house standing still
But no one will open the door for me
There’s a slid on the court yard
It wasn’t there when I left
No I’m not thinkin’ of you..

I look through the door window and see the MACs
I can hear the people typing some clicking the mouse
The lights are off as usual but the projector is on
I don’t walk in but just pass by
No I’m not thinkin’ of you..

I walk in a room and
A certain scent is in the air
I look around to see
No one I knew was there
No I’m not thinkin’ of you..

I’m in bed fallin asleep
My eyes half open lo
okin straight ahead
No red-light will blink and no ring sound
Not even a door knock, just the stillness of the night
No I’m not thinking of you..

No comments:

Post a Comment