Sunday, September 25, 2005

Your name to me is like a prayer...



You have become, to me like a prayer
As I lay down to sleep,
You’re the last thing on my mind
As I open my eyes and awaken,
You’re the first thing on my mind.

Like a prayer, I repeat your name
And call you,
Hoping,
Wishing and…
Wanting you, wanting to hear me,
To hear my call.

Like a prayer,
I whisper,
Terms of endearment in your ears
As I recall, when last I prayed

My Love to you, for me, My Love
Has become…
More than a prayer
A fate known
With it's pain and glory,
Redemption and penitence,
Ablutions and … silent reverie

And surly as day follows night
So does my heart
Beat in flight
To the rhythm of your name
And a humble whisper
Upon my lips
Infinitely spells
I miss you

1 comment:

  1. An exquisite poem.I wonder if you are familiar with any sufi poets.
    I am indeed touched by this poem.thankyou.

    ReplyDelete