Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Ramblings...

Whoah ... intense feel ... love the colours, I told them Brown is Back ... but do you think anyone will listen. It's the way to go.... I feel it needs to feel the screen and overwhelm it ... take over and drown in chocolate ...I feel like writing some rhythm ... like singing the Browns .. Like dancing in a dream ...
Wow...


So it seems that the mental tirade of words on a computer screen can be qualified as writing. I mean when one speaks of this one cannot say: ‘Oh you’ve gotta read my typing!’ rather it’s my writing, whether on a computer or a typewriter or any form of tablet that may have thoughts reflected on it…
Yes I was thinking of that last night, I was thinking that since we had ceased putting any form of writing instrument to tablet/sheet we have stopped writing, but then does a stylus on a touch screen count as such? Still I think not, but that’s because we rarely use a stylus to write but rather to select an item.

I remembered many things last night, people, places, poems and all sorts of things that pop out at night. I remembered my Grandfather and when he passed away. I remembered those gentle friends that ease themselves into your life and never intrude, you know the ones that you always answer their calls ‘cause they don’t bother you… So I sms’d one ‘Hi, it’s me, R u up, it’s nothing important, I was just thinking about you’. He called from Casablanca! What exoticism. Even though, it was far from a pleasure trip, rather an intense business trip. It’s still Casablanca. He was on his way out from coming back from a meeting, and was heading towards an Italian restaurant ‘il Postino’ then I heard the cabbie mention it was closed, and I was there back in Casa, through the streets that hugged you at times and at times liberated you… So they headed out to another Italian restaurant and he mentioned that they’d been there for an event before and what a coincidence that it was the same one.
We spoke of diving and how I haven’t been doing any since I got my license and he’ll take me down the next time he’s out. I asked him if he’d been diving in Morocco but he said he was so busy he has no time. His brother has been teasing him and telling him that they are going out this weekend to a site of Ras Al Khaima, which should be beautiful!

‘...no man is an island, entire of itself;
every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less,
as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's
or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me,
for I am involved in mankind,
and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
it tolls for thee.’
John Donne (1572-1631)




No comments:

Post a Comment