Monday, November 14, 2005

Boom Boom (29th November 1995)

There goes that pounding
The sheer near tangible pressure

upon my temples
renders me vulnerable

a thousand soldiers crawling
in secrecy

with anticipation like,
church bells in a naked yard

Boom Boom
their boots thud

slowly across the plains
a thick day heavey
with the sound of rain and mud

Boom Boom
their boots thud

my sight becomes hazy
through a misty window
with patterns and designs

Mountain ranges make themselves
out of water
it tickles my lower eyelids
bursting forth

I move
in a thick haze
my limbs struggling in a viscosity

everything
is too slow
too clear

The uprising inside of me
calls for a revolution
against those stubborn
soldiers in my head

I tread carefully
their weapons
in my eyes

Boom Boom
their boots thud
in my chest

the ridiculous gentleness
of an uprising
inside

Screams in silence
for a revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment