Thursday, July 29, 2004

Confuse me

He confuses me, and on occasion, sometimes more so himself. So he asks me to write about it…
  
Confuse me,
Let me know not  whether I’m happy or sad,
l want to feel the tightness in my belly stretch,
Beyond its extremity till it nearly snaps.

Confuse me,
Whisper sweetness in my ears
And then say ‘those words aren’t for you.’

String me fine tales that entangle me in your mind,
Tell me those stories of the books you’ve left behind.

Confuse me,
And I’ll wrap you up in a web of shadows undefined.

Confuse you?
Let me confuse you,
Let me rise into the darkness of your memory and shroud you
With words you long to hear yet dare not speak, nor ask, nor think…
Let me confuse you with what may happen,
With what you may wish for
With what you may hope
With what you may sing, in the darkness
A sweet song of agony for an ache you only want

I want to confuse you like you do to me.

We're all just a mass of confusion
Waiting to be sung
In the noonday sun.

Confuse me..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment